MSP Advanced Practitioner
Duration: 2 days
Price: on request
The MSP® Advanced Practitioner Course provides an opportunity to apply the concepts of MSP to a suitable scenario and develop the ability to adapt and apply the approach to a set of circumstances described in a complex case study. It also prepares participants for the MSP Advanced Practitioner examination.
This level is aiming to confirm that a candidate could lead a programme of transformational change. That is, someone capable of applying the MSP guidance in a complex programme within an environment that uses MSP.
This is a two day classroom-based course, mainly aimed at Programme Managers, experienced Project Managers, Programme Support Team members and Senior Managers from any discipline, and is very detailed with the focus on scenarios. Exercises will be based on a case study with a similar format to that used in the APM Group Advanced Practitioner exam. This case study will be used to test the thorough understanding of the application of MSP.
- programme managers
- those appointed to lead a portfolio or programme support function,
- BCMs and other programme support and management professionals.
Following the completion of the course participants should be able to:
- Justify specific activities that should be undertaken by each of the defined MSP roles during each of the processes of the transformational flow
- Produce, evaluate and suggest improvements to examples of MSP programme information (documents)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the application of each of the MSP principles, the governance themes and the transformational flow processes
- Adapt the programme’s approach to the governance themes to the needs of both the wider programme environment and the sponsoring organization
- Learn from experience and, as a result, propose alternative approaches that would improve the effectiveness of the application of each of the MSP principles, the governance themes and the transformational flow processes.
- Pass the MSP Advanced Practitioner exam
MSP ADVANCED PRACTITIONER EXAM
- 3 hours
- Essay-type written examination
- 3 questions
- 75 possible marks
- 50% pass mark
- Open book (other material in the form of course notes, examples, copies of presentations, etc. can be used during this examination but no electronic aids, such as laptops, may be used)
All successful delegates will receive the MSP Advanced Practitioner certificate from APMG.
Project Management experience or Project Board experience is required. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event, which is expected to be fully read and studied before attending the course. The Foundation & Practitioner exams must have been passed if attending the final two days of the course.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include a structured Pre-Event Study Guide,
- MSP Advanced Practitioner Event Handout
This handout contains case study, exercises and solutions, MSP Glossary, Advanced Practitioner test-exams and hints & tips for the Advanced Practitioner Examination.
Ask for a quotation for in-house courses
Links and downloads