DevOps certifications are ideal for individuals and organisations that seek an understanding of DevOps principles. Employees, managers, stakeholders, and suppliers who are leading or contributing to DevOps initiatives all stand to gain great knowledge. Consultants guiding their clients through DevOps programmes will also benefit greatly from a DevOps certification.
Certified DevOps Practitioner roles offer evolutionary skills and improved communication and collaboration between IT teams.
The DevOps Institute (DOI) is the continuous learning community around emerging DevOps practices. Working with recognised thought leaders, the DevOps Institute is setting the quality standard for DevOps competency-based education and qualifications.
DevOps certifications are ideal for individuals and organisations that seek an understanding of DevOps principles.
The DevOps Institute (DOI) is the continuous learning community around emerging DevOps practices. Working with recognised thought leaders, the DevOps Institute is setting the quality standard for DevOps competency-based education and qualifications. Its role-based approach to certification focuses on the most modern competencies and hireable skills required by today’s organisations adopting DevOps.
(image of the certification scheme)
The DevOps qualification scheme consists of eight distinct certifications:
- The DevOps Foundation® course provides a baseline understanding of key DevOps terminology to ensure everyone is talking the same language and highlights the benefits of DevOps to support organisational success.
- The Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) Foundation℠ course is an introduction to the principles & practices that enable an organisation to reliably and economically scale critical services.
- The DevOps Leader (DOL)® course is a unique and practical experience for participants who want to take a transformational leadership approach and make an impact within their organisation by implementing DevOps.
- The DevSecOps Foundation (DSOF)℠ course explains how DevOps security practices differ from other security approaches and provides the education needed to understand and apply data and security sciences.
- The Continuous Delivery Ecosystem Foundation℠ course is designed for participants who are engaged in the design, implementation, and management of DevOps deployment pipelines and toolchains that support Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, Continuous Testing and potentially Continuous Deployment.
- The Continuous Testing Foundation℠ course addresses testing in a DevOps environment and covers concepts such as the active use of test automation, testing earlier in the development cycle, and instilling testing skills in developers, quality assurance, security, and operational teams.
- The Certified Agile Service Manager (CASM)® course provides an introduction to Agile Service Management, the application, and integration of agile thinking into service management processes and process design projects.
- The Certified Agile Process Owner (CAPO)® course provides guidance into the process Owner responsibilities so they can describe what they are doing as a process and provides the education needed to oversee the design, re-engineering and improvement of IT Service Management (ITSM) processes; particularly in the context of Agile Service Management.