Following the completion of the course participants should:
- Understand the programme management environment and the characteristics of different types of programmes
- Understand the benefits of applying the MSP guidance to the management of a programme of transformational change
- Understand the purpose of the defined roles
- Understand the purpose of the seven MSP principles, the nine governance themes and the six transformational flow processes
- Understand the purpose of MSP programme information (documents).
- Identify additional value as a result of managing the described change as an MSP programme
- Explain each of the MSP principles, the governance themes and the transformational flow activities
- Explain the relationship between the MSP principles, governance themes, the transformational flow, programme information (documents) and the MSP defined programme management roles and can apply that understanding
- Apply each of the MSP principles, governance themes and transformational flow processes
- Produce or evaluate examples of MSP programme information (documents)
- Identify activities that should be undertaken during each of the processes of the transformational flow together with the accountabilities and responsibilities of each of the defined roles
- Understand which management products are input to, output from, and updated in each of the six transformational flow processes.
- Pass the Foundation exam
- Pass the Practitioner exam
- Programme office team members
- Business change team members
- Project delivery team members
- Anyone who needs to understand the terminology and concepts underpinning MSP
- Those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications (e.g. programme managers and SROs).
- Project managers
- Experts and advisers working within a programme office
- Other specialist/governance roles involved in supporting programmes following the MSP guidance together with those wishing to pursue higher level qualifications (e.g. programme managers).
MSP Foundation Exam
- 1 hour
- 75 questions
- Multiple choice
- 50% pass mark
- Closed book
MSP Practitioner Exam
- 2.5 hours
- Objective Test
- 8 questions
- 80 possible marks
- 50% pass mark
- Open book (MSP manual only)
Upon successful completion of the exam and following confirmation of the results, the participants will receive a unique, secure and auditable electronic certificate from PEOPLECERT.
It is desirable but not essential that participants have some experience in working on programmes. Project Management experience or Project Board experience is desirable for those requiring the Practitioner exam. Pre-read material will be sent by courier to each participant prior to the event and is expected to be fully read before attending the course. The participant must have obtained the MSP Foundation certification prior to sit the Practitioner exam.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include the MSP Manual and a structured Pre-Event Study Guide.
- MSP Foundation & Practitioner Event Handout
This handout contains case studies, exercises and solutions, the MSP Glossary, Foundation and Practitioner test-exams and hints & tips for the Foundation and Practitioner Examination.
Why choose QRP?
- Prepare more efficiently with our pre-course study guide available online
- Receive the latest version of the official MSP manual ‘Managing Successful Programmes ‘ in advance
- Save money, our prices include pre-course material, manuals, exams and certificates.
- Achieve practical experience thanks to our own accredited course material
- Get examples of several programme management experiences, all our trainers have 15+ years experience in major enterprise transformation programmes and 5+ years experience in MSP
- Get it right, our training course is fully accredited by PEOPLECERT!
- Just Relax, you get a PASS GUARANTEE on your MSP Foundation AND your MSP Practitioner!! At QRP International we promise to provide the highest level of training and service to help you gain your MSP certification. We’re confident that you’ll pass BOTH Foundation and Practitioner exam at the first attempt with us and If you don’t, we will let you take the course a second time at no cost, you will just have to pay the resit exam fee
Do you have more than 2 participants interested in that course? Ask for our multiple discount rate
Do you need to adapt the course to your organization? Look at our customized solution