Management of Portfolios (MoP®) provides a set of principles, techniques and practices to help organisations ensure their programmes and projects contribute to strategic objectives and achieve maximum ROI.
The MoP guidance provides senior executives and decision-makers with an overview of portfolio management, the principles on which MoP is based, some of the techniques used, and how to get started and sustain progress.
The MoP certification scheme has two main levels, MoP Foundation and MoP Practitioner.
- The go-to certification and guidance for portfolio management
- Onsite courses in Brussels
- Also available in our Virtual Classroom
What is MoP®?
MoP (Management of Portfolios) is a globally recognised standard for portfolio management.
Portfolio management helps organisations make decisions about implementing the right changes to their business as usual (BAU) via projects and programmes.
The Management of Portfolios (MoP®) guidance provides practitioners with a set of principles, techniques and practices to introduce or re-energize portfolio management. MoP targets senior executives and practitioners responsible for planning and implementing change. MoP helps organisations answer the fundamental question: Are we sure this investment is right for us and how will it contribute to our strategic objectives?
MoP is closely aligned to the programme and project management methodologies outlined in MSP® and PRINCE2®. MoP focuses on the management of the change that is delivered by formalized project and programme management, rather than the individual initiatives.
MoP Training and Certification
QRP International is an accredited training organisation (ATO) for MoP. Check our MoP training formats and pick one that suits your needs or work best for your colleagues.
MoP Portfolio Management Benefits
- Ensures the projects and programmes provide the greatest financial benefits and contribution to strategic objectives
- Removes redundant, duplicate and poorly performing programmes and projects
- Enhances transparency, accountability and corporate governance
- Helps to manage resources more effectively
- Helps to improve engagement and communication between relevant stakeholders, in understanding and meeting organisational needs and expectations and in communicating strategic objectives
- Helps to identify and prioritize the various initiatives, such as programmes or projects within the portfolio.
Ask for more information
If you have any questions or would like to receive further information please do not hesitate to contact us using the form.
- 20+ years of experience
- 30,000+ professionals trained
- Only accredited training