Reasons to become PMP and/or CAPM certified:
- 1 The PMP & CAPM certifications increase your earning potential. PMP certification holders earn 20% more than their non-certified peers according to Earning Power: Project Management Salary Survey, Ninth Edition.
- 2 When more than one-third of their project managers are PMP-certified, organizations complete more of their projects on time, on budget and meeting original goals (Pulse of the Profession® study, PMI, 2015).
- 3 Being PMP / CAPM certified means that you speak and understand the global language of project management and connects you to a community of professionals, organizations and experts worldwide
- 4 PMP/CAPM certifies that the Project Manager not only own a deep knowledge of the PMBoK but he / she possess the skills and capability to lead projects as well.
PMBoK 6 edition: What’s New in the PMBOK® Guide?
The sixth edition has been published on September, 2017: the exam structure remains the same but the terminology has been updated on the 6th edition of the PMBoK guide.
Here the main changes introduced:
- Guidance on how to implement the PMBoK approaches in agile environments
- Trends and emerging practices
- Tailoring considerations
- A greater emphasis on Strategic and Business Knowledge
- A new section on the role of the project manager