Following the completion of the course participants should:
- Know and understand the scope and objectives of portfolio management and how it differs from programme and project management
- Know and understand the benefits from applying portfolio management
- Know and understand the context within which it operates
- Know and understand the principles upon which successful portfolio management is based
- Know and understand approaches to implementation, the factors to consider in maintaining progress, and how to assess the success of portfolio management
- Know and understand purposes of the portfolio management definition and delivery cycles and their component practices, and relevant techniques applicable to each practice
- Know and understand purpose and key content of the major portfolio documents
- Know and understand scope of key portfolio management roles.
- Be able to pass the Foundation exam
- Define the business case to get senior management approval for portfolio management
- Plan the implementation of portfolio management
- Select and adapt MoP principles, practices and techniques to suit different organizational environments
- Evaluate examples of MoP information (including documents and role descriptions)
- Analyze the solutions adopted in relation to a given scenario
- Pass the Practitioner exam
- Those involved in a range of formal and informal portfolio management roles encompassing investment decision making, project and programme delivery, and benefits realization.
- Those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives including:
members of Management Boards and Directors of Change;
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs);
- Portfolio, programme, project, business change and benefits managers;
- Business case writers and project appraisers.
- The course would be of benefit to those aspiring to a more senior role
MoP Foundation Exam
- 40 minutes
- 50 questions
- Multiple choice
- 50% pass mark
- Closed book
MoP Practitioner Exam
- 3 hours
- Objective Test
- 4 questions
- 80 possible marks
- 50% pass mark
- Open book (MoP manual only)
Upon successful completion of the exam and following confirmation of the results, the participants will receive a unique, secure and auditable electronic certificate from PEOPLECERT.
It is desirable but not essential that participants have some experience in working on projects/programmes. Some pre-read material is provided prior to the event, which is expected to be fully read and studied before attending the course. The participant must have obtained the MoP Foundation certification prior to sit the Practitioner exam.
The following course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
The event preparation materials include the MoP Manual and a structured Pre-Event Study Guide.
- MoP Foundation & Practitioner Event Handout
This handout contains case studies, exercises and solutions, the MoP Glossary, a number of Foundation and Practitioner test-exams and hints & tips for the Foundation and Practitioner Examination.
Why choose QRP?
- Prepare more efficiently with our pre-course study guide available online
- Receive the latest version of the official MoP manual ‘Management of Portfolios’ in advance
- Save money, our prices include pre-course material, manuals, exams and certificate.
- Be well prepared for your examination with 2 sample papers for the Foundation level and Practitioner level.
- Benefit from our trainers experience: our trainers bring their long experience to the training event using practical case studies, so that you can learn how to apply MoP to your day-to-day activities
- Get it right, our training course is fully accredited by PEOPLECERT!
- Just Relax, you get a PASS GUARANTEE on your MoP Foundation AND your MoP Practitioner!! At QRP International we promise to provide the highest level of training and service to help you gain your MoP certification. We’re confident that you’ll pass BOTH Foundation and Practitioner exam at the first attempt with us and If you don’t, we will let you take the course a second time at no cost, you will just have to pay the resit exam fee.
Do you have more than 2 participants interested in that course? Ask for our multiple discount rate
Do you need to adapt the course to your organization? Look at our customized solution