Start the new year with the right knowledge! If you missed out on the five articles below, we give you another chance to download and learn!
These are the top 5 most visited and downloaded articles of 2017, enjoy your reading!
1. PRINCE2 for small scale projects: This article is an excellent review of the challenges people face when using PRINCE2 for smaller projects, together with very useful and practical recommendations on how to scale down the method without losing the essence of its principles. It explains explains the rationale for a ‘light-touch’ approach to the management of small projects based on PRINCE2. Since the launch of PRINCE2 in 1996 organizations have worked to embed the method and this introduction describes some of the outcomes. DOWNLOAD
2. PRINCE2 2017 Chapter 4 Tailoring and adopting PRINCE2: The fourth chapter of the official PRINCE2 2017 manual has the goal to show how to use the inherent flexibility of PRINCE2 to tailor it for any project and build an organizational PRINCE2-based project management method. This chapter includes situations that the project manager may encounter. The chapter also contains specific lists of tips that refer to how to ensure that the tailoring of the methods actually adds value, and illustrates 5 common situation where to tailor PRINCE2. DOWNLOAD
3. Five Ways PRINCE2 can be Agile: AGILE practices started in the 1990 : working groups of experts edited the “AGILE Manifesto” followed quickly by the launch of the “AGILE alliance”. At present, there are about 13 agile approaches used in project management. We asked our expert trainer and consultant Antoine Breton IF and HOW PRINCE2 can be tailored and applied to the so called “Agile Projects”. In this article, he shows 5 PRINCE2 elements that can actually give Agility to your projects. DOWNLOAD
4. What’s the future for Project Management? This article from QRP International has the goal to explain what’s the general status within Project Management world, and how the changes in this environment have helped raise the need for an updated version to PRINCE2. By analyzing the latest report in Project Management, the “The Future Project Management Professional” from Axelos, the article examines the 4 main aspects of change for the profession of Project Manager, and highlights how these changes have a great impact on a well-known and internationally recognized certification like PRINCE2. DOWNLOAD
5. PMO Definitions Challenges Solutions: This is a KEY document for anyone embarking in a PMO challenge. As project management has become accepted as a mainstream management discipline, many organisations have established a PMO (Portfolio, Programme or Project Management Office) function to increase the maturity of their project management approach. This paper describes the community of stakeholders that benefit from the existence of a PMO, the services that are most important to them, the key challenges that PMOs are facing and the ideas that are helping to meet these challenges. DOWNLOAD
PRINCE2 2017 Process Map
Not an article, but still in the TOP 10 of most downloaded item from our Knowledge Center is definitely the updated PRINCE2 Process Map to 2017 version: a graphical ‘at a glance‘ representation of all the PRINCE2 processes and how they fit together and it shows all the processes involved in running a PRINCE2 project from start to finish. This version of the Process Map is the renewed and updated one according to the new 2017 version of the PRINCE2 method. A key document for all project managers that want to run a project following the recommended steps. DOWNLOAD
Register to our newsletter to receive new content directly in our inbox!
Many professionals already ITIL Foundation certified struggle in the selection of the next step in the ITIL Intermediate certification path. What is the next step to improve your IT service management skills? With the info and the guide below we want to explain in easy words the ITIL certification path: the different options available, the credit system and the steps that will guide you to become ITIL Expert.
WHY CONTINUE YOUR TRAINING AFTER ITIL FOUNDATION?
While ITIL Foundation remains the core level, as it provides good preparation and insight into the relevant ITIL structure concepts in IT Service Management, the Intermediate Levels deepen specific concepts across the different phases or processes of the IT Service Management cycle. Furthermore, the ITIL Practitioner level is a practical guide on how to apply these concepts for a continuous improvement of services.
Depending on the needs of the candidates, their activities or their position, some specific Intermediate levels can improve professional skills and help them become more competitive.
WHAT ABOUT THE ITIL INTERMEDIATE LEVELS?
To start off it is very important to underline that all ITIL Intermediate certifications are available ONLY to ITIL Foundation certified professionals. In other words, ITIL Foundation certificate is the prerequisit in order to enter any intermediate level.
Secondly, the ITIL Intermediate levels are divided into two categories: Lifecycle Modules and Capability Modules.
The ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle Modules modules are relevant for professionals who have a role of manager or team leader that requires the management of different areas or works in different teams. All modules in this category are suitable for those who wish to focus on the processes and practices used as well as the service management skills to deliver quality service.
The ITIL Intermediate Lifecycle Modules are:
- Service Strategy (SS)
- Service Design (SD)
- Service Transition (ST)
- Service Operation (SO)
- Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
On the other hand, the ITIL Intermediate Capability Modules are relevant for professionals seeking specific knowledge in one or more process, with a focus on the day-to-day execution of ITIL practices and their interaction.
The ITIL Intermediate Capability Modules are:
- Operational Support and Analysis (OSA)
- Planning, Protection and Optimization (PPO)
- Release, Control and Validation (RCV)
- Service Offerings and Agreements (SOA)
Some professionals prefer to mix Service Lifecycle and Service Capability modules in order to combine managerial as well as technical knowledge.
To know more on IT Service Management career path follow this link: ITSM Career Path
ITIL INTERMEDIATE CREDIT SYSTEM: HOW DOES IT WORK?
Each of the ITIL Intermediate certification provides a certain amount of credits: this is the credit system which allows IT professional to reach the level of ITIL Expert (which requires 22 credits).
- First of all, ITIL Foundation provides 2 credits;
- Secondly, as we’ve seen, candidates can choose between two separate Intermediate moduels, Lifecycle and Capability. Each of them has a number of modules: 5 modules for Lifecycle with 3 credits per module and 4 modules for Capability with 4 credits per level.
- In addition to Intermediate levels, ITIL offers a practical module called ITIL Practitioner, which gives 3 credits. It can be taken after ITIL Foundation or after completing one of the Intermediate levels.
- The access to ITIL MALC (Managing Accross the Lifecycle), is obtained with a total of at least 17 credits, including 2 compulsory credits from the ITIL Foundation and 15 credits between Intermediate (Lifecyle & Capability) and Practitioner.
- Once the ITIL MALC certification awards 5 credits, the title of ITIL Expert is issued!
To know more on IT Intermdiate credit system follow this link: ITIL Credit System
NEED EXTRA INFO?
Feel free to get in touch, we will ask our ITIL trainer to help you identify your next step!
QRP International is one of the major player in the Best Practices Training market in Europe, and supports organisations in the development of their personal skills and in the successful implementation of these Best Practices through our accredited trainers and consultants.
Our 2018 Training Catalogue
Follow this link to download the 2018 version of our full Training Catalogue: it’s an easy way to have an overview of all our training services!
”The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more that you learn, the more places you’ll go.”
QRP International is an Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for PRINCE2®, ITIL®, MSP®, P3O®, MoP®, AgilePM, PRINCE2 Agile™, Change Management and a Registered Education Provider (REP) for PMP and delivers accredited trainings services in the following areas:
- Project Management
- PRINCE2 (Projects IN Controlled Environments)
- PRINCE2 Agile
- PMP (Project Management Professional)
- Programme Management – MSP (Managing Successful Programmes)
- Project Support – P3O (Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices Management)
- Portfolio Management – MoP (Management of Portfolios)
- IT Service Management – ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- ITIL Foundation
- ITIL Practitioner
- ITIL Intermediate: Service Strategy (SS)
- ITIL Intermediate: Service Design (SD)
- ITIL Intermediate: Service Transition (ST)
- ITIL Intermediate: Service Operation (SO)
- ITIL Intermediate: Continual Service Improvement (CSI)
- Change Management
The courses we deliver strike a balance between the practical application of the method and offering the best preparation for passing the examinations.
The benefits of our Open Courses throughout Europe
QRP open-courses benefits:
- Share experience with other professionals;
- Flexible QRP training locations across Europe;
- Courses scheduled on a regular date throughout the year;
- Multiple participant discounts.
Choose the nearest location, decide for the best week, and book your course: it’s never been easier!
At QRP International we are committed to provide the best quality of training as well as the broadest offer, to make sure we can answer to our customers’ needs.
This is what we kept in mind when working to prepare the new 2018 training calendar, now available at this link to be checked out: find out all upcoming dates for your Project, Programme, Portfolio, PMO, IT and Change Management training!
OUR TRAINING OFFER
As ATO (Accredited Training Organization) QRP Internationals offers the full range of Project, Programme, Portfolio, PMO and Change Management accredited training:
- Project Management: PRINCE2, AgilePM, PRINCE2 Agile, PMP, Scrum
- Programme Management: MSP
- Portfolio Management: MoP
- PMO Management: P3O
- Change Management: Change Management
A NEW CITY FOR YOUR TRAINING: ANTWERP
What’s new with our 2018 training catalogue? Starting from January 2018, you can choose ANTWERP as the city for your PRINCE2 or AgilePM training, available in both English and Dutch. When on the calendar page, make sure you view the courses with the “city” filter, to access to all possible dates available in Antwerp.
NEWS ABOUT IT SERVICE MANAGEMENT – ITIL CAPABILITY TRAINING
Stay up-to-date for the new ITIL Intermediate courses which will be added to our catalogue in the coming weeks: starting from January 2018, QRP International will be able to offer all ITIL Capability training.
IT Management: ITIL
Operational Support and Analysis (OSA) – soon to come!
Planning, Protection & Optimization (PPO) – soon to come!
Service Offerings and Agreements (SOA) – soon to come!
Release, Control and Validation (RCV) – soon to come!
Managing Across the Lifecycle (MALC) – soon to come!
NEED TO TRAIN YOUR TEAM?
Looking for an easy and efficient solution to train your team of colleagues, or department? Get in touch to discover our in-house, tailored and customized solutions!
A big news was released few days ago by Axelos, the joint venture company, created in 2013 by the Cabinet Office, and owner of ITIL: ITIL will be updated in 2018!
“Over the last 18 months we have embarked on a programme of extensive research (30+ global workshops engaging with over 300 partners, professionals and SMEs so far), and we recognise that this update cannot be done without the cooperation and input from our valued partner network. We are keen to work with you all to ensure that the new guidance will support you and your customers.”
What we know so far about the ITIL Update:
- The core elements of ITIL will remain and will continue to derive from the experiences of thousands of specialists and experts. Research has confirmed that ITIL remains best practice for the ITSM industry.
- The Update will include practical guidance on how ITIL is adopted in conjunction with practices such as DevOps, Agile and Lean.
- Individuals who have already certified will have their current certifications recognised in the new scheme.
A COMMUNITY-LED INITIATIVE: GET INVOLVED!
Axelos actively encourages practitioners to provide insight and feedback to directly influence the update via the Global Research Programme. Currently more than 650 members have signed up to the programme. Sign up too!
At QRP International we are very pleased to announce that NQI Orchestra is sponsoring our Yearly Project Management Conference in Brussels!
NQI Orchestra is one of the most known and recognized Project Management tool in the market. The strength of this PM software it is to unite your teams on a unique project portfolio management tool and to manage all aspects of the project on a unique solution: from project demands, portfolio arbitration, planning to resource allocation, budget monitoring and project reporting. NQI orchestra is a full solution that covers the entire PPM cycle and it represents a project management tool for all projects (IT, R&D, Constructionss, Services) and for all roles within the project (Senior Management, Project Managers, Project Team, PMOs). NQI offers a full service which includes NQI training to the software and support services for the implementation. Check our their website to try our their FREE demo!
NQI Orchestra offers its project portfolio management solution to large, medium or small organizations across all sectors, all over Europe. 250 customers and over 30,000 users already trust their services.
We are very happy to have NQI onboard! Register for the conference and visit the NQI’s stand to ask all your questions and see their DEMO firsthand!