PM² is a Project Management Methodology developed and supported by the European Commission. PM² captures the experience of EU institutions from managing thousands of projects, change initiatives, programmes and grants.
OpenPM² is an easy-to-use project management methodology, both for public and private organisations.
- One common and open project management methodology for Europe
- Suitable for any type of organisation
- Classroom and Virtual solutions
What is PM²?
PM² is a Project Management Methodology developed and supported by the European Commission. Until the end of 2016, the PM² methodology and certification was only available to EU institutions’ staff. With the OpenPM² Initiative, the EU Commission decided to provide open access to the PM² Project Management Methodology beyond purely EU institutions and including Contractors, Member States and finally all EU citizens.
PM² has been custom developed to fit the specific needs, culture and constraints of EU Institutions and Public Administrations. PM² also incorporates elements from globally accepted best practices, standards and methodologies, such as PRINCE2, PMI’s PMBOK and IPMA. The result is an easy-to-implement methodology suitable for any type of organisation.
PM² helps establish a common project management language and process for projects across organisations, increase effectiveness, collaboration efficiency and success in the coordination of projects in the EU.
Using PM² is especially effective for managing projects within:
- European institutions
- Public Administrations and non-governmental organisations
- Service Providers to these administrations and institutions
- European coordinated or funded projects
- Private companies with a significant project portfolio.
The OpenPM² Initiative acts as a catalyst for the modernisation of European Public Administrations and increases project maturity within the EU.
QRP International offers PM² Project Management Methodology courses in accordance with the European Commission, Centre of Excellence in PM² (CoEPM²). QRP is part of the PM² Group, the only certification institute that meets the European Commission’s standards. Check our training formats and pick one that suits your needs or work best for your colleagues.
- A common PM methodology and vocabulary for the effective management of projects
- Offers recommendation for the tailoring to suit specific project needs and environment
- Offers a full set of artefacts templates, guidelines and examples to help manage your projects
- Helps organisations deal with challenges of project management performance, collaboration with other organisations, engagement with citizens and complexities of managing service providers and outsourced projects.
Ask for more information
If you have any questions or would like to receive further information please do not hesitate to contact us using the form.
- 20+ years of experience
- 30,000+ professionals trained
- Only accredited training