PMO User Group: Resource management in a PMO
QRP International has a long experience in organizing training for project, programme and portfolio managers. QRP has assisted many professionals and their organization in setting up and running a PMO.
Following training is a first step in getting inspired. Translating this inspiration into practice is the second step and in traditional training, this is not part of a course and each delegate is left alone. The road to successfully implementing what you have learned is often hard and lonely as a strategic PMO is just a few (or even one) person(s) within a large organisation.
ABOUT THE USER GROUP
This user group has the aim to respond to this need. The goal is to bring similar backgrounds and profiles together to discuss specific topics within PMO management.
During this edition a User will introduce his PMO topic, before opening the floor to the other Users in a break-out discussion format.
DISCUSSION TOPICS 13TH EDITION
For a couple of years, Belnet has been working on resource management for project, programme and portfolio purposes. There have been some evolutions and bumps in the road and the ideal way of working has not been reached yet. But we have data that we can work with. It remains a work in progress and we always keep looking for new improvements!
Resource management in a PMO environment holds two aspects for us:
- Resource forecasting: to acquire dedicated resources for the upcoming and ongoing projects, the PM needs to draft a resource forecast for every project team member
- Correct estimation of the workload
- Planning of the different projects, depending on availability
- Resource actuals: collecting of the actual hours spend on the different projects
- Cost determination for customer projects
- Lead for future estimations
- Tooling to gather and analyze all this information
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP?
- Discuss your doubts and issues on setting up and running a PMO
- Discover practical solutions of others
- Talk to an expert trainer/consultant
- Get inspired
- Get 1,5 PDU!
WHERE & WHEN?
- Location: Regus Brussels City Centre, Avenue Louise 65, Box 11, Brussels
- Date: November 28, 2023
- Starting time: 17:00
- End time: 19:30
- Language: English
- Catering: Soft drinks, water, coffee, tea and sandwiches included
- Attendance fee: FREE! Registration required
- Inscription: To Enroll please fill in the form below and click on “Register Now”
For more information about the content, contact us and we will reply to you with a mail or call as soon as possible.
NOTE: This user group is an information session containing interactive elements. This session will not give you any formal qualification on Best Practices.