Setting up and Running a PMO: a Discussion of Pitfalls
QRP International has a long experience in organising training for project, programme and portfolio managers. QRP has assisted many professionals and their organization in setting up and running a PMO. Following a training is a first step in getting inspired. Translating this inspiration into practice is the second step and in traditional training, this is not part of a course and each delegate is left alone. The road to successfully implement what you have learned is often hard and lonely as a strategic PMO is just a few (or even one) persons within a large organisation.
ABOUT THE USER GROUP
This user group has the aim to respond to this need. The goal is to bring similar backgrounds and profiles together to discuss specific topics within PMO management. This session will be guided by a PMO expert that will manage the discussion.
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND THIS WORKSHOP?
- Discuss your doubts and issues on setting up and running a PMO
- Discover practical solution of others
- Talk to an expert trainer/consultant
- Get inspired
- How to define good and objective criteria to prioritize projects in the organization?
- How continuously improve the PMO?
- Discuss examples of best practice (templates/completed documents)
- How to install principles for resource management?
- Relationship between PMO and Top management
- How do you link portfolio management to this VUCA world?
- Relationship and collaboration between different PMO’s in the same organisation
- How does the PMO deals with getting control of Agile projects
- Location: Regus Offices, Bruxelles-Midi
- Date: Tuesday 2nd of April
- Time: 18h00 – 20h30 – registration starts at 17h30
- Language: English
- Catering: Soft drinks, water, coffee, tea and sandwiches foreseen
- Attendance fee: FREE! Registration required
- Inscription: to enroll please fill in the form below and click on “Register Now”
For more information about the content, contact us and we will reply you with a mail or call as soon as possible.
NOTE: This user group is an information session containing interactive elements. This session will not give you any formal qualification Best Practices.