2017 brings a major update to PRINCE2®
In January 2017 our partners and owners of PRINCE2, AXELOS, announced the upcoming arrival of updated PRINCE2 guidance and Foundation and Practitioner examinations. Together, these form PRINCE2 2017 and represent the first major update to PRINCE2 since 2009.
WHY HAS PRINCE2 BEEN UPDATED?
The success of PRINCE2 lies in its compilation of proven best practices in project management taken from academics, business professionals, and consultants across the years. Since its creation, at least two million PRINCE2 exams have been sat in over 150 countries worldwide. This is a clear testament to the value of PRINCE2 to individuals all over the world.
But we must all recognize that the business world is changing, and even something as tried and tested as PRINCE2 is not completely resistant to change. As ever with PRINCE2, the update has been a collaborative approach amassing feedback from a wide range of PRINCE2 Practitioners; the people best positioned to assess PRINCE2 through their continued application of the method across a range of working environments. This feedback has resulted in a thorough, evolutionary, update of PRINCE2.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN CHANGES TO PRINCE2?
The PRINCE2 update will see a new edition of the PRINCE2 manual, plus updated training materials and Foundation and Practitioner examinations. These will be launched in mid-2017. This update does not change any of the fundamentals of the method – PRINCE2’s overall structure of seven principles, themes and processes remains unchanged. But the emphasis and treatments within these have shifted.
The main changes to the guidance are a greater emphasis on the following areas:
- tailoring PRINCE2 to the needs of organizations and project environments;
- the principles that underpin PRINCE2;
- a greater link between the themes and principles;
- the restructuring of the ‘Themes’ guidance to accommodate specific examples of tailoring;
- the practical application of the method and guidance, with numerous examples, hints and tips.
PRINCE2 is a wealth of project management knowledge and Best Practice that needs to be conscientiously tailored to suit each individual and their organization. The updated manual, training and examination will help you tailor PRINCE2 effectively to ensure you get the most out of the certification.
PRINCE2 has always been rooted in real life experience. This update can be trusted to provide practical, authoritative and relevant guidance to anyone managing a project in today’s environment.
WHAT DOES THE UPDATE MEAN FOR ME?
If you are a qualified PRINCE2 Practitioner, you do not need to worry. We do not believe that those with a valid PRINCE2 certification need to take the new examinations. However, we would highly recommend to contact us to get an overview of the suggested paths to remain updated!
This important update reinforces PRINCE2’s unrivaled reputation for Best Practice in project management. As always, the focus is on helping individuals and organizations across a range of job roles, sectors and geographies, to successfully manage projects.
ALL FURTHER INFO
Stay up-to-date with all info about PRINCE2 Update – Here’s a small list of actions you can take today!
- Register to or newsletter to get informed about workshops and webinars – FREE and informative sessions – Fill in the form and specify you would like to be added to our special mailing list
- Read our article “What’s the future for Project Management? Understanding PRINCE2 2017 Version“
- Pre-order the NEW version of the PRINCE2 manual
- Stay ahead – Register for the first PRINCE2 NEW VERSION Training of the year! 21-22-23 August 2017
Feel free to get in touch should you have questions remained open!