PRINCE2 2017 Version – First Course Confirmed!
The 2017 updated version of PRINCE2 has been developed closely with the PRINCE2 community worldwide and taking into considerations several drivers for change. One of the most urgent one is the increased professionalism within the PM community: project management will be more and more considered a wide business skill and this will, as a consequence, require a continuous improvement from every PM working in the field.
The only language ready with the 2017 version is ENGLISH: French, Spanish, Italian and Dutch will be translated starting from January 2018.
QRP International is scheduling the first PRINCE2 courses with the 2017 version, to make sure to provide the most up-to-date Project Management content to its customers: the first “PRINCE2 2017 Version” training will take place in August, and it’s already CONFIRMED!
PRINCE2 Foundation + Practitioner training: 21-22-23-24-25 August 2017 => Follow this link to know more on the training and to hold your seat! If you register within the 21st of July, you will benefit from a 20% EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT!
WHAT’S NEW IN 2017 VERSION? METHOD CHANGES
The 2017 update of PRINCE2 builds on the proven strength of PRINCE2 while responding to current imperatives for flexibility and agility. You will discover how the core of the PRINCE2 method, like principles, processes and themes remain unchanged, while a renewed focus on the importance of tailoring has been added: the chapter on tailoring has been, in fact, elaborated and more prominently placed at the beginning of the manual, and it contains clear indications about:
- what you can and cannot tailor
- who is responsible for tailoring and documenting
- examples of different project environments
- tailoring and embedding PRINCE2 in an organization
Furthermore, the distinction between tailoring, adopting and embedding is explained in more detail and there is guidance on how to adopt and embed PRINCE2 in an organization.
WHAT’S NEW IN 2017 VERSION? EXAM CHANGES
- FOUNDATION EXAM –> The Foundation was previously of 75 questions, and it has now changed into 60 questions. The duration is still 1 hour, while the pass mark goes from 50% (35/70), to 60% (36/60). Also the style of the questions have changed, since almost all negative questions have been removed and the number of list and missing word questions have been reduced.
- PRACTITIONER EXAM –> The Practitioner exam was previously of 80 questions, and it has changed into 75 questions. Duration and pass marks remain unchanged. Question styles retained are classic multiple choice and matching (2 columns), while multiple response (2 correct answers out of 5 possible answers) and assertion reason (True/false questions) have been removed. While previously the Practitioner exam only addressed 6 themes and 2 process with the NEW version all themes, all processes and the principles will be tasted. Last important change concerns the validity of the Practitioner certification: from the launch of the new exams the NEW Practitioner validity will be of 3 years ( not 5 years). To know more on the CERTIFICATION changes you can read this simple and informative article.
TO KNOW MORE ABOUT PRINCE2 2017 UPDATE
- WHAT’S THE FUTURE FOR PMs? – Read more
- WHAT CHANGES IN THE METHOD? – Read More
- WHAT CHANGES IN THE CERTIFICATION? – Read More
MORE THAN ONE COLLEAGUE FOR THE SAME COURSE?
Get in touch to get a personalized quotation, or get in touch to know more about KMO portefeuille.