The learning objectives for ABC Scrum Master are:
- Gain a deep understanding of the Scrum Framework – the theory, practices, roles, rules and values – as defined in The Scrum Guide.
- Understand – in detail – the role of Scrum Master and how the role interacts with different members of the Scrum Team and other stakeholders.
- Master the Scrum principles to better understand their application when returning to the workplace.
- Understand how to construct an effective development team with an appropriate mix of skills and experience.
- Know how to act as a servant-leader for the Scrum Team, promoting and enabling self-organization to create high value products.
- Learn how to facilitate Scrum Events and remove impediments to the Scrum Team’s progress.
- Help Scrum Product Owners shape and refine product backlogs to guide early and incremental delivery of valuable products.
- Drive adoption of the Scrum framework for more effective product and solution development, working with stakeholders and other Scrum Masters to improve its effectiveness.
The target audience for the ABC Scrum Masters course is:
- Anyone involved in product & solution development using the Scrum framework.
- Particularly beneficial for those accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum team member
ABC Scrum Master Examination Design
- Number of questions: 50
- Type of questions: multiple choice
- Marks: 50 marks available.
- Provisional pass mark: 37 or higher
- Duration: 40 minutes (50 for non-native speakers)
- This is a ‘closed book’ examination
The Certification Exam takes place the last day of the course, the second day, in the afternoon. Open-course participants may need to bring their laptop in order to take the on-line exam.
It is desirable but not essential that participants have some experience of working in a product or project team. The pre-reading material will be available before of the beginning of the course, participants are encouraged to study it before the beginning of the course. A good knowledge of English is mandatory
The following ABC Scrum Master course material is included for this event:
- Pre-Event Study Materials
- The event preparation materials include a structured Pre-Event Study Guide- available online.
- ABC Scrum Master Event Handout
- This handout contains case study, exercises and solutions, Master test-exams and hints & tips for the Master Examination.