The ITIL Strategic Leader Stream in practice
ITIL 4 Strategic Leader consists of two modules:
- ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan and Improve (universal module)
- ITIL 4 Leader Digital and IT Strategy.
To obtain the designation ITIL 4 Strategic Leader, the candidate must complete both modules.
Accredited training for the ITIL 4 Strategic Leader modules is mandatory to enable full understanding of the core material. ITIL 4 Foundation is a prerequisite for all modules. In addition, the ITIL Leader module requires a minimum of three years of IT managerial experience.
ITIL 4 Strategist Direct Plan & Improve
This module provides individuals with the practical skills necessary to create a ‘learning and improving’ IT organisation, with a strong and effective strategic direction.
The module covers the influence and impact of Agile and Lean ways of working, and how they can be leveraged to an organisation’s advantage. It will provide ITIL practitioners with a practical and strategic method for planning and delivering continual improvement with the necessary agility.
ITIL Strategist Direct Plan and Improve is aimed at managers of all levels involved in shaping direction and strategy or developing a continually improving team. It will cover both practical and strategic elements.
Therefore, it is the universal module which will be a key component of both streams, ITIL 4 Managing Professional and ITIL 4 Strategic Leader.
ITIL 4 Leader: Digital and IT Strategy
This module explores the use of the ITIL framework to support organisations on their digital transformation journey. ITIL DITS provides a structured and flexible approach for addressing service management challenges and utilises the potential of modern technology to achieve the most value from digital.
The module enables IT and digital leaders to influence and drive strategic business decisions, by helping them to:
- Create an appropriate digital strategy aligned to the wider business goals
- Understand how business and IT leaders across the globe are responding to digital disruption by reshaping corporate strategy, adapting processes and even repurposing entire business models
- Explore the use of the ITIL 4 framework to support organizations on their digital transformation journey, addressing service management challenges and utilizing new technology.
The module also covers how ITIL 4 can be integrated with emerging practices and new technologies to meet new internal and external challenges.