The purpose of the ITIL 4 Create, Deliver and Support Qualification is to provide the candidate with an understanding of how to integrate different value streams and activities, of service performance, service quality and improvement methods. Thanks to this understanding, the candidate will be able to create, deliver and support IT-enabled products and services, and relevant practices, methods and tools.
To take the exam, the candidate must have passed the ITIL 4 Foundation examination. Also, the candidate must have attended an accredited training course for this module. Work experience in IT services is recommended.
- Individuals continuing their journey in service management.
- ITSM managers and aspiring ITSM managers.
- ITSM practitioners managing the operation of IT-enabled & digital products and services, and those responsible for the end-to-end delivery.
- Existing ITIL qualification holders wishing to develop their knowledge.
- Language: English and French
- Duration: 90 minutes
Candidates taking the exam in a language that is not their native or working language may be awarded 25% extra time, i.e. 113 minutes in total.
- Materials permitted: No materials other than the examination materials are permitted. This is a ‘closed book’ examination.
- Questions: 40
All 40 questions are Objective Test Questions (OTQs).
- Pass Mark: 28 marks or above.
- Level of Thinking: Bloom’s levels 1 & 2
- There are 15 questions at Bloom’s Level 2 = approx. 37.5%
- There are 25 questions at Bloom’s Level 3 = approx. 62.5%
- Exam Format: Online or Paper
- Certificate Format: Online
- Online certificate is usually included in the exam fee, you could ask for a paper certificate to the Exam institute after your exam.
- Prerequisites: The candidate must have passed the ITIL 4 Foundation examination. In addition, the candidate must have attended an accredited training course for this module (the recommended duration for this training is 18 hours including the examination).
ITIL 4 Create, Deliver & Support (CDS) Exam Sample Questions
All 40 questions are Objective Test Questions (OTQs), which present four options from which one option is selected. Question styles used within this type are: ‘standard’, ‘list’, and, exceptionally, ‘negative’ standard OTQ.
Example ‘standard’ OTQ:
Which is a source of best practice?
Example ‘list’ OTQ:
Which statement about service asset and configuration management is CORRECT?
1. It does Q
2. It does P
3. It does R
4. It does S
a) 1 and 2
b) 2 and 3
c) 3 and 4
d) 1 and 4
NOTE: Two of the list items are correct. List style questions are never negative.
Example ‘negative’ standard OTQ:
Which is NOT a defined area of value?
NOTE: Negative questions are only used as an exception, where part of the learning outcome is to know that something is not done or should not occur.
ITIL 4 Create, Deliver & Support (CDS) Objectives
The purpose of the ITIL 4 Create, Deliver and Support Examination is to assess whether the candidate can demonstrate sufficient understanding and application of ITIL 4 to the creation, delivery and support of services, as described in the syllabus below, to be awarded the ITIL 4 Create, Deliver and Support qualification.
The ITIL 4 Create, Deliver and Support qualification is one of the pre-requisites for the designation of ITIL 4 Managing Professional.
As candidate you need to demonstrate the achievement of these learning outcomes:
- Understand how to plan and build a service value stream to create, deliver and support services
- Know how relevant ITIL practices contribute to creation, delivery and support across the SVS and value streams
- Know how to create, deliver and support services
The ITIL 4 Create, Deliver & Support (CDS) Certificate
The candidate, who will pass the exam with positive marks, will obtain the certification. The online certificate is usually included in the exam fee, you could ask for a paper certificate to the Exam institute after your exam.
QRP International is an ITIL Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) by Peoplecert on behalf of Axelos. We are authorised to deliver ITIL 4 MP Create, Deliver & Support (CDS) courses and can prepare you for the examination leading to the ITIL 4 Create, Deliver & Support (CDS) Certificate in IT Service Management.
Visit our website to know more.